Well, this is a huge surprise. I love that there’s a new genre (and horror genre to beat) festival in my country. In the locale of Colina you could go for three days and watch the best genre films of the year, the best Chilean genre movies, and the best Chilean genre movies that still don’t come out. It had a small amount of films, but I’m sure people loved it, I wish I can have something to do with this in the future. In the meantime, here’s a ranked list of the five films that I had seen that were shown in the festival, there’s links to full reviews if available. Take a gander!
1. The Cabin in the Woods (2012, Drew Goddard) ****1/2
2. Oz the Great and Powerful (2013, Sam Raimi) ****
3. Tráiganme la cabeza de la mujer metralleta (Bring Me the Head of the Machinegun Woman) (2012, Ernesto Díaz) ***1/2
4. Zombie Dawn (2011, Lucio A. Rojas, Cristián Toledo) **1/2
5. Aftershock (2012, Nicolás López) *1/2