The International Film Festival of Lebu not only plays in that city, but also in two other cities at the same time (Cañete and Concepción) , and this year it was from March 5th to 9th, and while I know this is a bit late to talk about it, it’s still relevant, specially since many of the films that played in the southern region of Chile during those days (which I couldn’t attend, sadly, it really had some great premieres) also played in Santiago for one week, so we had some access to some premieres. Sadly, some unfortunate events made it impossible for me to attend, but I still wanted to honor this festival that is ever growing and will surely have a kick-ass edition next year, hope I can attend!
The films shown were mostly short films, but there were some feature length films that participated in just one main category called ‘Largometrajes en Exhibición’ or ‘Showing Pictures’, it’s a nice mixture of chilean films and from other places. As always, here is my ranked list with a review (if available), the information, and a rating. Enjoy!
1, No (2012, Pablo Larraín) (Largometraje en Exhibición) ****
2. La pasión de Michelangelo (The Passion of Michelangelo) (2012, Esteban Larraín) (Largometraje en Exhibición) ****
3. Hotel Transylvania (2012, Genndy Tartakovsky) (Largometraje en Exhibición) ***1/2
4. Tráiganme la cabeza de la mujer metralleta (Bring me the head of the Machinegun Woman) (2012, Ernesto Díaz) (Largometraje en Exhibición) ***1/2
5. Selkirk, el verdadero Robinson Crusoe (Selkirk, the real Robinson Crusoe) (2012, Walter Tournier) (Largometraje en Exhibición) ***1/2
6. Sal (Salt) (2011, Diego Rougler) (Largometraje en Exhibición) ***
7. Que pena tu famila (F**k my family) (2012, Nicolás López) (Largometraje en Exhibición) **
8. Paseo de oficina (The Office Trip) (2012, Roberto Artiagoitia) (Largometraje en Exhibición) *1/2